Enjoy a half-day tour of Ottoman Istanbul and explore the heart of the Old City. See Istanbul icons, such as the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque, and wander the galleries of the Topkapi Museum and Palace.
What to Expect
Explore the heart and soul of Istanbul on a half-day tour of some of its major highlights. In the company of an expert guide you will visit the Topkapi Museum and Palace, and continue to the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque. Traveling by air-conditioned coach, the tour includes free pick-ups from central Istanbul hotels, or the port, making it ideal for cruise ship passengers.
Topkapi Museum is the most important museum in Turkey and the Balkan Peninsula, boasting an incomparably rich treasure-chest of artifacts of historical importance. Located in the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries, the exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and Chinese porcelain, as well as robes worn by the sultans and their families, includes the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury.
Continue to the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque, one of the oldest standing churches in Istanbul. Dating back to 6th century, it was founded by the powerful Emperor Justinianus, who reigned during the golden age of the Roman Empire. Used as a mosque since 1497, you will see the mosque’s majestic interior, completely restored with columns of verde antique and red Synnada marble.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off by air-conditioned coach (free pick-up is only available for city center hotels)
- Entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Licensed tour guide
- Service charges and taxes
What's Not Included
- Food and drink
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance fees for the Treasury and Harem sections in Topkapi Palace are not included
Know Before You Go
• Please note: Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and this part of the tour will be replaced with the 2 Continents Tour