Visit Bursa, the 1st capital of the Ottoman Empire and the 4th largest city in Turkey on a day trip from Istanbul. Often referred to as “Green Bursa” for its many parks and surrounding forest, you will visit mosques, bazaars and the famous Silk Market.
What to Expect
Your 12-hour tour to the 1st capital of the Ottoman Empire starts with a hotel pick-up in central Istanbul before crossing the Sea of Marmara by ferryboat to Yalova. You will then drive across country for approximately 1-hour, arriving at Bursa to climb its most famous site, Mount Uludağ.
The ascent of the legendary mountain, also referred to as Mount Olympos, is by Teleferik. On the rare occasions when the cable car isn’t working due to the weather, or if there are long queues, we will drive to a 600 year old Inkaya Plane Tree and stop for a coffee break on the way to Uludağ.
Touring the city of Bursa, you will visit the Great Mosque of Ulu Camii, a landmark of early Ottoman architecture, with monumental Islamic calligraphy.
Move on to the decorative Green Mosque, officially known as Yeşil Mosque, and the Green Mausoleum, which can be viewed from the outside only.
You will pause during the day to try an "Alexander the Great" kebab, and to wonder through the old Silk Market of the Covered Bazaar. Bursa was the largest center for the silk trade during the Byzantine Empire and a major point along the legendary Silk Road trade route.
Still boasting a large textile industry, you can try out your bargaining skills, before boarding the bus back to Istanbul. You will travel through a lovely landscape of lush forests, which help give Bursa its nickname of “Green Bursa”
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Guide in chosen language
- Teleferic fee
- VAT (18%)
- Free pick-up/drop-off service from/to central Istanbul hotels.
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 6 guests must book for the tour to take place
• After booking, you need to call the local supplier in order to learn exact time and free shuttle availability.
• Pick-up is only available for centrally located Istanbul hotels. When verifying your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible.
• Free shuttle pick-up is offered between 08:00 and 09:00 (depending on the location of your hotel), and takes 45 to 60 minutes.