Experience a magical escape from the bustle of the city of Istanbul while visiting the islands of the Marmara Sea.
What to Expect
Büyükada is the biggest of the nine islands in the Marmara Sea, known as Princes' Islands, famous for their beautiful beaches, incredible houses, small villas and peaceful pine surroundings. Reaching the island by boat, you will enjoy views of Istanbul from the sea for more than an hour. Riding the horse-drawn carriage from the bottom to the top of the island, you will pass by beautiful views and natural forest, and enjoy a ten-minute break at the top of the island.
Büyükada has many historic churches, monasteries and mansions that are open to visitors. The main churches in Büyükada are: Church of the Panagia, Church of Hagios Demetrios, Franciscan Church of San Pacifico and Church of the Surp Astvadzadzin Verapolium. Hagios Georgios Koudounas and Sotiros Christou are the island's two monasteries. The island has a large number of historic mansions, with the most popular being Con Pasa, Yelkencizade, Fabiato and Mizzi Mansions.
Cruise through the Marmara Sea to Princes Islands, the retreats made famous by the Byzantine princes that visited their beautiful pine woods and beaches. Evening return to Istanbul is provided, with transfer back to your hotel.
- All sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary
- Pick-up from and drop-off to city center hotels
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
What's Not Included
- Tips for the guide & driver (optional/customary)
- Meals / beverage
Know Before You Go
• In the rare event of lack of availability due to special events, an alternate day or service may be advised
• Amendments are upon availability and may require supplement fee
• Full cancellation applies in the event of No-Show