See the panoramic sights of the Golden Horn and get a glimpse of the Balat, the Jewish Hospital, and much more on this morning cruise. Learn true history and experience a bustling urban lifestyle in the city's colorful shops.
What to Expect
From the Golden Horn to the arm of the Boshorous you will experience the beautiful sights of the historical peninsula which separates the old and new parts of Istanbul.
You will be a part of history as you take an in-depth look at the residential areas for Byzantine Jews, Italian traders and other non-Muslim minorities. Get a true sense of the history behind the Balat and the Metal Church. Stop at the sights of St. Stephen the Bulgarian, and get a glimpse of what life was really like at the Jewish Hospital. You can take a break from the historic sights by taking a stroll along the Byzantine City Walls.
Another charming feature of the tour is the array of colorful shops that you will see at the Spice Bazaar. We'll make a stop at the stalls selling fruits, vegetables and flowers. After enjoying the variety of shops, the tour takes you to the Bosphorus Cruise and through the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia. Marble palaces, ancient wooden villas and the sights of the luxurious residential apartments provide the perfect photo opportunity.
From here it is on to Rumell Fortress by boat, where the historical armament can be viewed clearly from the boat. The armament is a unique example of military architecture, and was built by the conqueror to control and protect the Bosphorus. If time permits, the tour will also take you on to visit a leather showroom.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Free pick-up service from centrally-located city hotels
- 1.5-hour cruise on the Bosphorus
What's Not Included
- Drop off at hotels
- Any food and beverages you purchase
Know Before You Go
If the minimum number of attendants is not provided for the private boat, you will ride in a regular boat.
Tour times are approximate; there may be variation in operating times.
• After booking, you need to call the local supplier in order to learn exact time and free shuttle availability.
• Pick-up is only available for centrally located Istanbul hotels.
• Please note: When verifying your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible
• Free shuttle pick-up is offered between 08:00 and 09:00 (depending on the location of your hotel), and takes 45 to 60 minutes.