Discover the abandoned Ghost City and experience an unforgettable day in the desert. Wander the former mining town, admire the gorgeous mosque and enjoy a dinner buffet with regional specialties.
What to Expect
Discover the only mining ghost town in the middle of the Egyptian desert. After pick-up from your hotel, experience a fast-paced tour by quad bike. Ride through the desert, admire the dunes and enjoy the stillness.
After about a 30-minute ride, arrive at Ghost City. Nearly 25 kilometers south of Safaga and surrounded by mountains, the city was formerly a Phosphorus mine. After the mine was closed for economic reasons and torrential rains in 1997, its residents began to leave in large numbers. Its current name refers to the fact that it now has no permanent residents.
Discover this exceptional city and see its incredible mosque. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the whole city, as well as a fantastic dinner buffet and camel ride.
After the dinner buffet, return to your hotel in Hurghada around 18:30.
- Transfer from your hotel (transport from hotels outside Hurghada EUR 5 extra)
- German-speaking tour guide (who grew up in the mining town)
- Jeep tour
- Quad tour (approximately 30 minutes)
- Camel ride
- Dinner buffet including drinks
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Head cover for the quad tour
Know Before You Go
• Please wear sturdy shoes and sunscreen
• Pick-up time may vary by hotel location. Your exact pick-up time will be sent to you after booking
• Please bring your voucher with you