Enjoy an unforgettable day trip from Hurghada to Luxor and see the ancient ruins of Thebes and spectacular Valley of the Kings. Discover a treasure trove of history, with visits to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and Karnak Temple.
What to Expect
You will be picked up early in the morning from your hotel in Hurghada, for the transfer by luxury air-conditioned bus to the ancient city of Thebes. Drive along the beautiful Nile River Valley and look out at a scenery of mountains and desert. At the end of the 4-hour drive, you will be met by a guide who will lead you around the ruins.
Discover a land of mystery, complexity, and ancient wonders as you cross the Nile to the West Bank to visit the famed Valley of the Kings. Tour the incredible complex of 63 tombs of Pharaohs that dates back nearly 4,000 years. See the royal tombs, decorated with scenes from Egyptian mythology that give clues to the beliefs and funerary rituals of the period. Almost all of the tombs have been opened and robbed in antiquity, but they still give an idea of the opulence and power of the rulers of the time.
Next, visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the most successful female rulers of all time. Continue to the Colossi of Memnon, and admire the 2 massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III. Drive back to the East Bank, where you'll enjoy a local lunch and freshen up. Finally, visit the Karnak Temple.
- Pick up and drop off from the hotel and back
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Academic Egyptology tour guide
- All taxes & service charge
- Lunch at a local restaurant
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drinks in the restaurant
Know Before You Go
• Transfers from/to Hurghada hotels
• Return to Hurghada hotels
• Pick up times are from 5:00
• Child from 6 to 12 years receive a 50 % discount
• Pick up from El Gouna or Makkadi Hotels will cost 5 USD extra per person