Visit Hue and explore its magnificent sights by bike during this full-day guided bike tour. Now an important center for Vietnam, and listed as a World Heritage Site, the Imperial city of Hue has plenty to explore, from amazing citadels to royal tombs.
What to Expect
Begin your biking trip by cycling to the countryside to visit the Thanh Toan Bridge. Along the way you will be able to see green rice paddy fields. On arrival you will enjoy the ancient bridge and its unique architecture, and visit the small museum of the Vietnamese farmers' work instruments. Here you can discover the daily life and rituals of the local people.
Afterwards you will ride back to the city center, travelling along Le Loi Street and passing through Trang Tien Bridge. From the road you will see Dong Ba Market – the busiest purchasing area in Hue city. Along Bach Dang River you will have an opportunity to see an authentic fishing village.
You will then visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and continue to the rolling hills of the surrounding countryside, where you will find the Royal Tombs to the Nguyen Emperors. Here you will visit Tu Duc and Khai Dinh tombs. After viewing the splendid landscaped gardens and ornate architecture of the king's final resting place, you will return to Hue.
Guests will travel to Vong Canh Hill – one of the best views of Perfume River and the surrounding pine trees. During the cycle back, you will visit the incense making village and the hat making village – a perfect place for choosing beautiful souvenir gifts. The last site on your cycling day is Duc Ward and the bronze casting village. You will visit one of the bronze workshops and learn of the fascinating techniques used in the process.
- English speaking biking guide
- Food (depending on the condition of the local area, we have a picnic for lunch sometimes)
- Land transport (one 16 seat van to carry bikes and people)
- Good bike/helmet rental (If you bring your own bike, fee is deducted)
- Water, snacks, fresh fruits, and a cool towel for cycling days
- All entrance fees and boat trip
- First aid care and mechanic for bike
- Truck to carry bike and luggage
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance (recommend to have your own travel insurance)
- Personal expenses (telephone, laundry etc.)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Visa to Vietnam
- Flight to/from Vietnam
- Other costs not mentioned in itinerary