Discover the magic of this ancient culture in two days. Start your journey from the Pacific coast to the city of Oaxaca.
What to Expect
Start your journey from the Pacific coast to the city of Oaxaca with a first stop for breakfast passing through the village of Santa María Jalapa del Marqués.
Continue the journey to get to the Route of Mezcal, where you'll visit the palenques mezcaleros. Then go to Mitla, the city of the dead. The adventure continues to the Zapotec village of weavers Teotitlan del Valle, where you'll also get to know the famous and remarkable "Tree of Tule," and reach the Oaxacan capital where you will appreciate the former convent of Santo Domingo de Guzman. Finally, end the first day of this wonderful tour with a stay in your hotel and have the afternoon off to enjoy the architectural and cultural beauty of the area.
On the second day of the tour, start your visit to the ancient Zapotec city of Monte Alban. Then, you'll head to Benito Juarez Market and then moving on to a small village of adobe houses, San Bartolo Coyotepec, famous for its black mud. Finishing the trip, get to know the spirit of the crafts full of imagination and colors, the "alebrijes," found in a village called San Martin Tilcajete or Arrazola and then head to the bays of Huatulco, stopping for lunch on the way.
- 6:00am: Departure from hotels in Huatulco Bay
- 9:00am: Arrival in Jalapa del Marqués to have breakfast
- 11:00 am: Tour Mezcal Route- elaboration of mezcal, tastings and spare time to do shopping in palenques mezcaleros. Visit Santiago Matatlán, San Pablo villa de Mitla, Tlacolula de Matamoros, Teotitlán del Valle and San Jerónimo Tlacochahuaya
- 12:00pm: Visit and tour Mitla's archaeological site (entrance included)
- 1:45pm: Visit to Teotitlán del Valle, process of elaboration of tapestries and quills, spare time to do shopping
- 2:30pm: Visit to Santa María el Tule (Millennial tree), free time to take pictures, visit the church of Santa María and tasting a typical sorbet of the region (at your expense)
- 3:20pm: Arrival in the City of Oaxaca
- 3:40pm: Visit to Ex-convento de Santo Domingo de Guzmán, tour in Santo Domingo's Museum (entrance not included)
- 4:40pm: Check-in at the hotel (options: Hotel Gala, La Noria Hostel, Oaxaca Real), free time to have lunch and free afternoon to visit the main square, the historic center's cathedral, the shops, etc.
- 8:00am: Hotel check-out
- 8:15am: Visit and tour Monte Albán's archaeologica site (entrance included)
- 10:00am: Visit to Benito Juárez Market, free time to have breakfast, shop and get to know the region's gastronomic offer
- 12:00pm: Visit to San Bartolo Coyotpec, elaboration of black mud figures. Free time to do shopping
- 12:40pm: Visit to San Martín Tilcajete or Arrazola, process of elaboration of alebrijes and free time to do shopping and take pictures
- 2:00pm: Departure to Huatulco
- 4:00pm: Arrival in San Jose del Pacifico, free time to have lunch
- 8:00pm: Arrival in Huatulco
- Round trip transfers
- Entrance to Monte Alban
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
Know Before You Go
• A light and comfortable jacket and pants for the night is recommended
• Carry spare cash for meals and souvenirs
• This tour is subject to changes due to weather conditions