See soaring mountains, pristine beaches and amazing scenery on a 7-hour bus tour of Lantau, Hong Kong’s largest island. Cross the Tsing-Ma Bridge, see Tai O fishing village and the awe-inspiring Po Lin Monastery with its Bronze Seated Buddha.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day bus tour of Lantau Island, the largest island in Hong Kong, located at the mouth of the Pearl River.
Following your early morning pick-up, you will cross Tsing-Ma Bridge, the 7th-longest span suspension bridge in the world, and now a favorite scenic spot of the New Territories. Head to Tai-O Village, renowned as the "Venice of Hong Kong," where you will see stilt houses, seafood vendors and local temples in what has become a hot spot for the chance to see Chinese white dolphins.
Continue to Po Lin Monastery, founded in 1906 by 3 monks from Jiangsu. Originally known as “The Big Hut,” with the completion of its giant Buddha statue it became world famous. Admire and purchase one of the wooden bracelets, only sold by the Tian Tan Buddha statue
Next, take the Ngong Ping Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village. Ride in the gondola lift and see why it has been one of the must-see attractions of Hong Kong since it opened in 2006, contrasting with the traditional Chinese architecture of the village.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off at some hotels in Hong Kong, or a designated place
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- 1-way ticket on the Ngong Ping cable car
- Chinese vegetarian lunch
What's Not Included
- Tips to the guide and driver
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The pick-up and drop off location will be confirmed by email, and is based on what's convenient for you and your guide
• Please note that the Ngong Ping cable car is not always available due to fog, heavy rain etc. (or if the cable car is under maintenance. If this is the case, alternative transport will be arranged