Escape the bustle of Hoi An City and pack in more adventure in 2 days than most people complete in 2 weeks. Ride bikes into emerald green mountains and stay with a hill tribe.
What to Expect
Pack more memories into 2 days than most people experience in 2 weeks on this adventure tour by bike from Hoi An City. From the golden coast to the emerald mountains, you will wind your way through the photogenic river delta, capturing a glimpse of everyday rural Vietnamese life.
Departing Hoi An by motorbike puts a whole new perspective on the Vietnam countryside, with fresh air and beautiful sceneries filling the senses. Your first stop is the 1,000-year-old Cham Temples, and former French and US bases from the independence wars.
For those who like an adrenaline rush, there is an optional stop at Marble Mountain, where you can abseil down to Hell’s Cave.
Wind your way into the mountains, with the wind in your hair and the sun on your back as you zoom along on your Minsk motorbike. Travel along quiet roads, enjoying breathtaking sites at every turn, and plenty of chances to stop for photos.
Eventually, you will reach Ba Hom, a beautiful village that is home to the Co Tu ethnic people. This is where you will spend the afternoon and evening. The culture, traditions and lifestyles of the Co Tu has remained untouched by time, and they are truly one of Vietnam’s most authentic hilltribes. Enjoy lunch in the village, before delving deeper into the mountainous landscape, with a short trek along the Ho Chi Minh Trail to remote mountain hot springs and pristine rivers.
In the evening your Co Tu hosts will provide you with accommodation in their private traditional stilted houses, and serve you a dinner of delicious local specialties. The exclusive overnight stay is an unforgettable experience that is sure to be a highlight of your Vietnam vacation.
In the morning, wake up to the sounds of the village coming to life. Enjoy breakfast and a hot cup of coffee as you watch the morning activities of the Co Tu, heading to the fields and preparing the day’s meals. Bid farewell to your hosts and jump back on the bikes for the return journey to Hoi An.
Today’s drive crosses the historic Ho Chi Minh Trail, through lush forests and past jaw-dropping views of the Central Vietnam Mountains. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any more beautiful, you will arrive at a waterfall tucked alongside a towering peak. Stop to enjoy a picnic lunch.
In the afternoon, you will descend back down towards the coast, stopping along the way to explore old bases from the American War, crossing the Thu Bon River by local ferry, and following a unique rural lane and floating bridge back into Hoi An.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Tour Mechanic
- Minsk motorbike or semi-automatic scooter
- Local guide for short trek at Ba Hom Village
- 1 x breakfast, 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner
- 1 night accommodation
- Entry fees and ferry crossings
- International safety standard helmet
- Drinking water and soft drinks
- Saddle bags, gloves & rain ponchos, if needed
- Souvenir T-shirt
What's Not Included
- Personal & motorbike insurance (for motorcycle accident)
- Damages to motorcycle
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You can either ride yourself if you are licensed to ride in your home country, or have an experienced motorbike driver drive you. Alternatively, you can ride on the back of a friend’s bike for a small extra fee
• Tour departs with minimum of 2 people. Seat discount for tours departing with only 2 people is not available
• Seat discount only applies when sharing a bike with a friend or partner
• Inexperienced riders sit on the back
• Moderately experienced drivers can drive the bikes themselves
• Tour rating: easy days, paved roads, and off-road sections