Spend the day in the dramatic wilderness of Mt. Field National Park. Travel from Hobart to enjoy short walks to waterfalls and past tall gum trees. Watch a Tasmanian Devil feeding session at Bonorong. Get amazing views from the top of Mt. Wellington.
What to Expect
Following pick-up from Hobart's CBD, transfer to Mt. Field National Park. Here, you will take a series of walks in Tasmania’s oldest national park. Famous for Russell Falls and the tall gum trees along its scenic walks, Mt. Field National Park is only a 90-minute drive from Hobart.
With its 3-tiered drop, Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognizable waterfall. It's an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track to Russell Falls and Horseshoe Falls beyond. Make your way along the Tall Trees Track to see the 80-meter tall Swamp Gum trees. Enjoy the cool, quiet rainforest atmosphere of eucalyptus, streams and local wildlife.
Then join the Pandani Grove Trail around the alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in a lesser-visited area of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded by snow in the winter. During the summer you can spot platypus. The vegetation dates back to the Gondwanaland era to give the area an enchanting and ancient feel. Enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings of Mt. Field.
Then visit Bonorong Wildlife Park to explore the home of rescued wildlife. Get up close to Tasmanian Devils and see wallabies freely hopping around the park. End with a striking view from the top of Mt. Wellington. Head to the summit (1,271 meters) for an expansive vista. Then return to your hotel in Hobart's CBD at around 17:30.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Hobart's CBD
- Mt. Field National Park entrance fee
- Bonorong Wildlife Park entrance fee
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small group tour
What's Not Included
- Meals and accommodation (you can bring your own snacks and lunch and there will also be an opportunity to purchase a takeaway lunch on the day)
Know Before You Go
• Please provide the local supplier with your details at least 7 days prior to departure. Email the office at email@example.com.
• Reservations are open on weekdays between 09:30 and 17:00 on (61) 3 62315390