Experience the serene beauty and bustling activity of the Mekong Delta, and explore the historic monuments of Ho Chi Minh City on a 4-day package tour. Go to the underground labyrinth of the Cu Chi Tunnels to learn about life during the Vietnam War.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 4-day package tour of Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta, including 3 nights accommodation in the Vietnamese capital. Learn about life in the city and the floodwaters of the Mekong River, seeing the floating markets, schools and houses by boat. Go to the Cu Chi Tunnels close to the border with Cambodia, and learn about life during the Vietnam War.
Day 1: Arrival - Ho Chi Minh City (B, D)
Upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat Airport, transfer to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Then, enjoy an orientation tour of old Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), seeing the French colonial buildings, such as Notre Dame Cathedral and the General Post Office. Pass the Opera House, and go to China Town, before stopping at Thien Hau Temple. Enjoy a local dinner before your overnight stay.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels (B, L, D)
Depart for the Cu Chi Tunnels after breakfast to discover one of the most important landmarks of the Vietnam War. Located close to the border with Cambodia, the network of underground passages and rooms extended over 250 kilometers, providing refuge for the Viet Cong during the war. Stop en route at a rice paper enterprise, and try your hand at making some rice paper by yourself. Explore the subterranean rooms of Cu Chi before returning to Ho Chi Minh City to visit the War Museum, Reunification Palace and a lacquer workshop. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant before your overnight stay.
Day 3: Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho - Ho Chi Minh City (B, D)
Today, you will explore the Mekong Delta region by boat, crusing a section of the 4,200-kilometer long Mekong River on its floodplains. Go to Thoi Son Island to sample some tropical fruits. Then, walk through a handicraft village to see local artisans at work. Visit some of the region's farms, before navigating the small channels of the Mekong Delta by sampan (rowing boat). Stop for a lunch of Mekong specialties, such as deep fried elephant ear fish and sticky rice balls at a local restaurant in Trung Luong. Return to Ho Chi Minh City for your overnight stay.
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh City - Departure (B)
Following breakfast at your hotel, transfer to Tan Son Nhat Airport for your onward journey and the end of the tour services.
- 3 nights accommodation in a deluxe twin/double room, with daily breakfasts
- Pick-ups and transfers by private, air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary
- English-speaking guides, as indicated in the itinerary (please note that guides will be on hand from the pick-up until the return to your hotel). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary
- Entry fees as per the program
- Meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available
What's Not Included
- International flights and airport tax
- Dinners (unless specified above)
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Peak season surcharge (if applicable)
- Any other service not mentioned in the above program
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the itinerary is a sample of the tour provided, and the local supplier will be happy to design similar programs customized to your personal preferences. Rates may vary
• Remember to bring sun block, a wide brim hat, your camera, comfortable shoes, rain gear, warm clothes, and your original passport
• This is a fully escorted tour, available year round
• If you don’t have time to complete your visa arrangements before your departure, the local supplier will help you on arrival at the airport