Learn more about Vietnam’s coconut candy on a full-day tour to Ben Tre and one of the most famous coconut towns in the country. Enjoy a private tour from Ho Chi Minh City that includes a boat trip by traditional sampan on the Ham Luong River.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City on a private full-day tour to one of Vietnam’s largest coconut producing towns. Discover the scenic beauty of Ben Tre, and cross the Ham Luong River by traditional sampan.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer to Ben Tre along the express way (approximately 2 hours). Sit back and relax as you take in views of the rice fields, plantations, and farm life. Upon arrival, travel by long tail boat trip along the Ham Luong River. Then, visit a local brick factory to learn more about how the bricks are made using ancient techniques.
Discover more about the coconut candy of Vietnam, along with other uses for the fruit, such as coconut wine, and dried coconut flesh. Take a short walk along a local street to see how the locals use water -grasses to make their products.
Next, experience the landscape by bike on a 15-kilometer bike ride around the beautiful island. Pedal past coconut plantations and along the side of small canals. Go to the house of a local family for some green tea and coconut juice. See the traditional pottery of the village. Then, enjoy a short rest on a hammock. Lunch will be served at a small riverside restaurant, where you can try fish from the Mekong Delta, such as “Elephant Ear Fish" with fresh rice noodles.
Travel down one of the small canals by sampan, before your return transfer to Ho Chi Minh City. Stop on route back to the city at the Vinh Trang Pagoda, one of the most beautiful in southern Vietnam. Your estimated time of arrival back in Ho Chi Minh City is approximately 17:00.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Bike tour
- Fruits and candy
- Sampan boat trip
- 2 bottles of water
What's Not Included
- Tips (optional) and personal expenses
- Beverages in the restaurant
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that child rates only apply if accompanied by 2 paying adults
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
• A vegetarian meal option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
• Please wear suitable shoes or sandals for this trip as you will be required to get on and off the boat quite a few times
• A hat is strongly advised for the bike tour