Experience life in the Mekong Delta on a 3-day tour, with a choice of accommodation, from hotels to homestays. Visit floating markets and stilt houses in quiet villages, go to Sam Mountain, watch the sunset over the Vietnam-Cambodia border, and more.
What to Expect
Learn about life in the Mekong Delta on a 3-day tour of the rice fields, stilt villages, and fruit plantations of Vietnam. With a choice of accommodation, including homestays and bungalows, immerse yourself in the everyday life of the locals, discover how rice is cultivated, travel to one of the liveliest floating markets of the Mekong, meet the Cham minority people, and more.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho
Depart Ho Chi Minh City for a scenic drive along the National Highway, passing vibrant green rice fields and farmers tending their fields. Upon arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang Pagoda and cruise by motorized boat to Tortoise Island. Pass fish farms, stilt houses, and fruit plantations along the way. At Tortoise Island, you will enjoy lunch in an orchard.
Then, cruise to An Khanh by traditional sampan, floating under the shade of coconut trees. Less touristy than Ben Tre, An Khanh will offer peace and tranquility as you cycle to a bee farm to sample authentic honey tea. Taste delicious coconut candy, and experience pastoral life as you roam through fruit plantations and villages.
Continue to Can Tho to check into your accommodation, depending on your option chosen. For those that have chosen to stay in a bungalow or homestay, dinner is included, and for hotel guests it can be arranged. You will also have some free time to explore Can Tho Market.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang - Chau Doc - Tra Su Cajuput Forest
Explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong by boat in the morning. Then, continue to the floating market of Cai Rang, one of the liveliest in the region. Next, you will discover how Vietnamese vermicelli soup is made, before wandering around picturesque Can Tho to discover Monkey Bridge, built out of a single bamboo tree.
After lunch, travel by boat to Chau Doc to see the wildlife of Tra Su Cajuput Forest. Cruise the small canals looking for storks, cranes, and other tropical birds. Traveling back, visit Sam Mountain to see the sacred pagodas dotted on the hill side. Continue to Chau Doc to check into your hotel accommodation.
Day 3: Chau Doc - Ho Chi Minh City
After breakfast, enjoy a last boat trip through the floating villages of the Mekong, stopping at a fish farm to learn how Mekong Delta people farm from their floating houses. Meet the Cham minority people in their traditional weaving village, and go to a local mosque. Transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City for the end of tour services.
- 2 nights accommodation (mini hotel/homestay/bungalow)
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation by motor boat and rowing boat
- Lunch on Day 1 (plus dinner for hometstay and bungalow options)
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Fresh fruits and honey tea
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Hotel drop off at the end of the tour
- Tips and personal expenses
- Single supplements
Know Before You Go
• Please note that for the bungalow and homestay option, the 1st night will be at the bungalow/homestay, and the 2nd night will be at a hotel
• A USD 8 single supplement applies to solo travelers for the bungalow and homestay (payble at the meeting point prior to tour departure)
• A USD 8 single supplement applies to hotel accommodation for solo travelers (payable at the meeting point prior to departure)