Experience everyday life in the Mekong Delta on a 2-day tour, with your choice of accommodation, from hotels to homestays. Discover the floating markets and stilt houses of quiet villages, pass through paddy fields and fruit farms, and much more.
What to Expect
Learn about life in the Mekong Delta on an overnight 2-day tour of the rice fields, stilt villages, and fruit plantations. With a choice of accommodation, including homestays and bungalows, immerse yourself in the everyday life of the locals. Discover how rice is cultivated, travel by boat to the largest floating market of the Mekong, visit a bee farm, and much more.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho
Depart Ho Chi Minh City for a scenic drive along the National Highway, passing vibrant green rice fields and farmers tending their fields. Upon arrival at My Tho, cruise by motorized boat to the karst islands of Dragon Island, Unicorn Island, Tortoise Island, and Phoenix Island. Go to the fish farms of My Tho village, admiring the stilt houses and fruit plantations along the way. At Tortoise Island, sample the coconut candy of Vietnam’s coconut lands, and visit a handicrafts workshop.
Next, cruise through the Tan Thach canal in Ben Tre. Stop at a bee farm to taste some authentic honey tea, while the traditional folk music of Don Ca Tai Tu keeps you entertained. After lunch, it’s time to relax on a rowing boat tour of the small canals, or simply enjoy the peace of the countryside on a stroll through the fruit plantations.
Re-board the bus and drive to Can Tho to check into your accommodation, depending on your option chosen. For those that have chosen to stay in a bungalow or homestay, dinner is included, with the chance to learn how to cook Vietnamese food.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang Floating Market
Take a motor boat to the largest floating market of the Mekong, and experience the sight of thousands of small boats from the local villages selling tropical fruits and vegetables. Next, visit a village known for producing rice noodles, and see the rice husking mill to watch how the rice is cultivated for consumption.
Continue by boat around the picturesque countryside of Can Tho, passing Monkey Bridge, built out of a single bamboo tree. The tour bus will then transfer you back to town for lunch, after which you will return to Ho Chi Minh City for the end of the tour services.
- Overnight stay in your chosen accommodation option (hotel/homestay/bungalow)
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation by motor boat and rowing boat
- Lunch on Day 1 (plus dinner for hometstay and bungalow options)
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Fresh fruits and honey tea
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Hotel drop off at the end of the tour
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet at the Nam Trip Travel office, 28/1 Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
What to Remember
• Please note that the bungalows can accommodate 2 people. A single supplement of USD 8 applies to solo travelers (payble at the meeting point prior to tour departure)
• A USD 6 single supplement applies to the hotel option for solo travelers (payable at the meeting point prior to departure)