The Mekong Delta is ideal for biking. This small group bike tour is fun & safe, riding canal paths past small rice, cocoa and fruit farms, picturesque villages, and includes stops to sample fresh fruits and foods of the Delta. Departs Saigon by van.
What to Expect
The tour gathers at a central meeting place in Saigon a 7:15 am, then departs Saigon by private van at 7:30. Upon arrival in the Mekong Delta as the bikes are set up, you may enjoy coffee or tea at a small village cafe. Soon you are off riding through serene countryside on quiet, paved, rural roads, past countless rice paddies, vegetable farms, and orchards full of locally grown fruit.
The Mekong is Vietnam's most abundant agricultural region and it's also home to local artisans and weavers. You stop at a small shop to see traditional woven mats and visit a nearby cocoa plantation. Chocolate in this region is world renowned. You will ride through two very traditional local wet markets with fresh fruits and vegetables from the region, as well as the recent catch of fish from the local rivers and streams. Rice is still the most prominent crop and the views across rice fields are stunning. There is some riding on smaller dirt and paved paths, but the route is safe for even the casual cyclist.
As you head further south, rural roads give way to concrete canal paths and the vegetation grows more dense as the streams start to look more like the large tributaries of the Mekong. You will visit the largest wholesale fresh produce market in the region, see indoor fresh water shrimp cultivation, and stop at a beautiful traditional temple of the Cao Dai religion.
Lunch is prepared in a private home with a beautiful garden patio for dining. After your meal and short rest, you will board a small canal boat for a relaxing journey through quiet canals. It's the perfect opportunity to savor the diversity and flavors of the day. You then board your private van for the drive back to Saigon.
Total distance is 28 k and you stop frequently for photos, water, and snacks. Plus, you'll be introduced to farmers and artisans along the way. Snacks, morning coffee, water, and lunch are all included in the tour. This is a bike tour far from the crush of tourists, where locals will greet you with surprise and delight, and where you'll feel a true part of this vibrant and picturesque area of Vietnam.
- Hotel drop-off at end of transfer back to Saigon
- Top-quality, specially designed Merida, Giant and GT bikes
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Professional, English speaking, Vietnamese guide
- Complimentary coffee or tea at meeting point
- Bottled water throughout the ride and at meals
- Healthy snacks
- Support van for transfers and in the Delta during your ride
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks, other than those detailed in itinerary
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Hurom Juice - across the street from Bitexco Tower
Bến Nghé Quận 1,
Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Know Before You Go
• The tour will start from a central meeting point in Saigon
• Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear. Flip flops and loose sandals are not advised.
• Sunscreen and hats are recommended.
• All passenger heights MUST be provided at time of booking for proper bike sizing. This includes children.
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
• Guests should be comfortable on a bike and in reasonable physical condition.
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We will provide thin plastic rain poncho if needed.
• Confirmation will be sent after booking.