Spend a day along the glorious Mekong River Delta by bus and boat. Discover a world of beauty at Unicorn Island, travel past stilted houses, and spend some time at a bee farm relaxing with a honey tea.
What to Expect
The Mekong River Delta is known as Vietnam's "Rice Basket" and you'll be amazed by its breathtaking valley. Today, take a day trip from Saigon to the Mekong Delta and gain a deeper appreciation for this fertile land.
Beginning in the morning, you will travel by bus to My Tho. From here, you will board a traditional River boat to Unicorn Island. This boat trip passes past quiet villages and rural scenes that seem right out of a picture book. The locals work silently along the banks as you sail towards a fisherman's port, complete with tall stilt houses.
You'll have a chance to replenish your stomach with plenty of fresh fruits and local treats before we stop at Turtle Island. Here, you leave the larger boat for a small row boat, where you can move around a bit more like the locals!
After all of this traveling, it's time to stop and relax a bit at a local bee farm, where you can sip tasty tea with local honey. There is traditional music playing here that is typical only in Southern Vietnam.
From the bee farm we'll travel to the coconut village, where you'll grow to appreciate the versatility of this meaty fruit. You'll enjoy coconut candies and handcrafted coconut items before returning to Saigon by bus.
- Air conditioner tourist bus (two ways)
- Boat trips (motor and row boats)
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Lunch (standard tour: normal lunch, deluxe tour: more expansive lunch selection)
- Water bottle
What's Not Included
- Tips and Personal Expenses.
- Drop off at your hotel in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh.
Meet at Viet Fun Travel Office (28/13 Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC) at 07.40.
What to Remember
• 30 Days before trip: 80% will be refunded
• 14 Days before trip: 70% will be refunded
• 7 Days before trip: 60% will be refunded
• No refund for cancellations made 2 days or less before departure