Cycle through the villages of the Mekong Delta to get a real sense of Vietnamese culture. Cruise by motorized boat along the Mekong River, and row down narrow canals, surrounded by coconut trees.
What to Expect
Cycle to the villages of the Mekong Delta on a full-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City, and get a true taste of life in the Mekong in the 21st century. Your tour will start early in the morning with a pick-up from your Ho Chi Minh City hotel. Meet up with your guide for the transfer to Tan An, capital of Long An province. As you cycle towards My Tho, enjoy the scenery of lush orchards and fertile rice fields.
Swap your bikes for a cruise along small creeks to the Mekong River, with a stop at the beautiful garden of Con Phung (Phoenix Island), where you will enjoy a delicious Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, cruise by motorized boat along the natural creeks of the Mekong, sailing past the villages of Ben Tre Province. Stop to visit a bee farm to taste natural honey and honey wine. Sample tropical fruits, and listen to traditional music along the way. You will also visit a distillery and see how Ben Tre’s local coconut candy is produced.
Climb back on your bike and cycle around Quoi An Village, a typical Mekong settlement. Then row boats through the narrow canals of the Mekong, sailing between lush coconut trees on all sides. Head back to the motorized boat, which will transport you back to your van for the return journey to Ho Chi Minh City and your hotel drop-off.
- English speaking guide
- Transfers by private air-conditioned 16-seat van
- Bottled drinking water
- Snacks and fresh fruits
- Ice and refresher towers during cycling
- Meals in local restaurants as mentioned in the itinerary
- Boat trip
- Local ferry tickets where required
- Sightseeing entrance fees where stated in the itinerary
- Bike, helmets, spare parts, first aid kit, tool kit
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Bike guides are first aid qualified and can maintain bikes. Their role is to deliver a safe and enjoyable tour to clients. They manage the group, co-ordinate the driver and support vehicle, and buy snacks and fruit along the way. They are cultural guides as well as bike guides
• Wear comfortable clothes suitable for cycling