Venture through the lush Delta of rural Mekong by bike. Experience local life first hand as you visit the famous floating markets of this region in Vietnam and enjoy the exotic landscapes and vegetation.
What to Expect
Discover the lush green Mekong Delta on an adventurous 3-day cycling tour.
Cycle past peaceful scenes of farmers tending their rice crops and visit the famous floating market Cai Be on the Mekong River on your first day. Enjoy a delicious lunch on an island mid-river, in a local house set amongst fruit orchards and bonsai trees, followed by a performance of traditional Vietnamese music.
Visit VinhLong craft industries early the next day and watch how tiles and bricks are made locally and/or cycle through immense rice fields and rural riverside villages depending on the cycling ability of the group.
Cruise along the upper Mekong River on your last day to visit Cai Rang floating market, learn how rice noodles are made at a family-run business and cycle to Phong Dien along exotic fruit garden paths.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Vinhlong (30KM+ cycling) (L,D)
Drive from Saigon to Cai Lay and hop onto your bike to head to Cai Be. Embark on a boat trip form here along the mighty Mekong River and observe the daily lives of the locals. Visit the Cai Be floating market and a family-run rice paper making business. After lunch continue cycling to An Binh Island where you can spend the night in a typical Vietnamese house.
Day 2: Vinhlong - Cantho (50KM+ cycling)(B,L,D)
Visit craft industries in VinhLong to see how floor tiles and bricks are made locally. Depending on cycling abilities your route will either take you through villages of brick kiln and terracotta and pottery kiln, or across immense rice fields and through numerous rural riverside villages. After a lunch en-route cycle through lush fruit gardens to Can Tho for an overnight stay.
Day3: Can Tho – Phong Dien – O Mon – Rach Gia (30KM cycling)(B,L)
After breakfast visit Cai Rang floating market to experience the bustle of market life and learn how rice noodles are made. Hop back onto your bike and cycle to Phong Dien and on to O Mon after crossing the river on a local ferry. Drive to Rach Gia where the tour ends and where you can choose to hop onto a speedboat to visit Phu Quoc Island.
- English-speaking biking guide
- Accommodation as specified in itinerary
- Food as specified in itinerary (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Transportation on land as specified in itinerary (one bus/van to carry bikes & bikers)
- Good bike/helmet rental (If you bring your own bike, fee is deducted)
- Water, snacks, fresh fruits
- Cooled towel during cycling
- All entrance fees and boat trips
- First aid care and bike mechanical services provided
- Pick-up/drop-off service from and to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city & Rach Gia
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance (it is recommend to have your own travel insurance)
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Rain jacket
• Good shoes for walking and biking