This 2-day tour highlights the riverside life that abounds in the Mekong Delta. Watch and learn how residents carve out their livelihoods from trading goods at Cai Be Floating Market to fishing using bamboo and growing exotic fruit in tropical orchards.
What to Expect
Day 1: Cai Be Floating Market - Vam Cai Ga (-/L/D)
Take a comfortable ride of about 2-hours from Ho Chi Minh City to the countryside. A place of peace and simplicity, the land here is filled with fresh air and charming scenery. Travel by boat along the Vam Cai River to view the life of the working locals and to visit the Cai Be Floating Market. Along the way, you may have a chance to see the local fishermen catching their nets or placing bamboo shrimp traps on the river. After enjoying lunch at a local house, spend the afternoon learning more about the traditional fishing techniques used by the local people. Dinner and overnight at the homestay.
Day 2: Local market - pot plants (B/L/D)
After breakfast, take a bike ride to the local market called “Cho Chom Hom”. It is similar to that of a flea market where local people gather together and trade. Visit the Cai Mon Orchard Garden, which the locals call the “kingdom of fruits” and Cai Mon Church - one of the oldest churches in the Mekong Delta. In the afternoon, you will visit potted plant and saplings gardens in Vinh Bac - Vinh Nam, known as the “kingdom of pot plants” in Ben Tre. This is a great chance to learn about potting plants and saplings with masters in this field. Return to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Boat trip
- Entrance fee
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Bottled drinking water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Twin shared accommodation (2 pax/room)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Know Before You Go
All cancellation from guests incur additional charges as follows:
- Before 15:00 on the previous day of the departure day: 50% charged of the total tour cost
- After 15:00 on the previous day of the departure day/no-show: 100% charged of the total tour cost
- Customers cannot receive any type of compensation in the case of cancellation due to force majeure