Miyajima: Private Rickshaw Tour to Itsukushima Shrine
- Enjoy an informative, private rickshaw tour through the spiritual island Miyajima
- Visit the most instagrammable spots
- Marvel at the "floating" red torii gate during high tide
- Greet the island's the cute deer
Select the 70-minute tour option and visit the Daishoin Temple. This 1200-year-old temple is said to be a “power spot”– a special location where visitors are charged up with good energy. Enjoy a phenomenal view over Miyajima from the temple.
Select the 130-minute tour stop at the Senjokaku Shrine, which was built under the order of the former Shogun Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Learn about the temple's history and take in the sea views.
Select the 190-minute option and in addition to gorgeous temples and shrines mentioned above, you’ll also travel down special scenic routes which snake through parks and along the seaside. Your tour is customizable and can be modified based on your interest and preferences. You can also choose your own endpoint.
- Private rickshaw tour
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Souvenir postcard and sticker
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees to temples and shrines
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
At the scheduled time, your guide(s) will be waiting for you just outside the Ferry Terminal on Miyajima Island. After booking, the local partner will send an email with a map and photograph of the meeting place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Selfie sticks
• Children 6 years and under can ride for free provided that they will sit on an adult's lap (one child per adult, max. 2 adults & 2 children per rickshaw).
• If a child 6 years or older will be using one of the two seats of the rickshaw, then they must book a seat as an adult.
• Rickshaw seats measure 74cm (29. 1in) in width and can accommodate up to two adults side by side, but sometimes it might be more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger.
• This tour is not recommended for expecting mothers in their first 16 weeks of pregnancy.
• This tour can be customized depending on your interest.
• Entry into Senjokaku Shrine is not included and costs 100¥.