On this tour, you will visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima Island with an informative and expert guide. Take a convenient ferry from the park to Miyajima directly, enjoying a mix of urban and natural scenery.
What to Expect
On this private tour, a professional and informative guide will accompany you for the day to bring the city alive by explaining the local history and culture. It's a perfect opportunity to learn about the tragedy and how the city recovered afterwards.
The tour includes a ferry ride from the memorial park to Miyajima directly, offering you a pleasant view and journey.
Hiroshima is known as a city that was bombed for the first time in the world by a nuclear (atomic) bomb and thus, the town is also known as one for peace. Located in the southwestern part of the Japanese archipelago, Hiroshima is blessed with a mild climate. In addition, the rich nature of the Seto Inland Sea and the Chugoku Mountains adorn Hiroshima's four seasons with vivid colors.
History of Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
This peace memorial park is located in the center of the Hiroshima, and was built with great feeling to avoid repeating the disaster suffered by the atomic bomb. Silent prayer is observed every August 6th at 8:15am in the park.
About Miyajima Island
Alongside Matsushima and Amanohashidate, Miyajima Island is a scenic spot known as one of the three most scenic locations in Japan. 14% of the island has been certified a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Itsukushima Shrine, built to its current form by Taira no Kiyomori in the 12th century, is situated in a unique location. You can have a view of the great red gate called Torii from the ocean. This shrine was certified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. You will be amazed at the beautiful contrast between the blue ocean and the red gate. When it comes to low tide, you can get close to this gate by walking the seabed.
Miyajima Ropeway *Admission fee for the ropeway is not included
You can go up to the highest mountain in Miyajima by ropeway. The 360° panoramic view is spectacular. At the top of this mountains, you will find Reika-do (Eternal Fire Hall). The fire of this hall continues to burn for about 1200 years. This burning fire was used to light the flame of peace in Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
- 9:00am: Hotel pick-up from Hiroshima
- 9:30 - 11:30am: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- 12:40 - 3:40pm: Miyajima and lunch
- 5:00pm: Transfer back to hotel in Hiroshima
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Admission fee (Peace Memorial Park and Itsukushima Shrine)
- Transportation fee (ferry included)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
• Admission fee might occur at the site
• Detailed information will be sent after the confirmation
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 8 days: 20% of the program charge
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- The day before the date of travel: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.