North Vietnam Ultimate 6-Day Tour from Hanoi
From $491 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels in Hanoi. Your guide will arrive 10 minutes before departure time to advise what you should bring.
- Compare the cultural delights of Hanoi with the rural simplicity of north Vietnam's hill tribes
- See the main sights associated with Ho Chi Minh, the father of modern day Vietnam, in Hanoi
- Go to Vietnam's first university
- Ride the sleeper train to Sapa
- Explore the frontier town of Sapa, and hike the hills on the border with China
- Cruise the limestone karst formations of Halong Bay
- Meet tribal farmers and local fishermen
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi (D)
Upon arrival in Hanoi, a guide will meet you for the transfer to your city center hotel. Vietnam’s capital celebrated its 1,000-year anniversary in 2010,but with its emphasis on the arts and learning, local law stipulates that buildings remain small, simple and in harmony with nature. You are free to explore the city alone, before a unique water puppet show, followed by a welcome dinner in one of the finest restaurants in Hanoi.
Stay at May De Ville Old Quater Hotel/ La Dolce Vita hotel or similar available hotels.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour - Overnight Train to Sapa (B, L, D)
Tour Hanoi’s main cultural attractions, including the Ho Chi Minh Complex, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, House on Stilts, and One Pillar Pagoda. Go to the Fine Arts Museum and Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university.
Take in the lovely surroundings of Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple, ending your day with a cyclo tour around the Old Quarter, where hundreds of specialty shops sell silk clothing, lacquer ware, embroidered linens, furniture, bamboo, ceremonial objects and more.
In the evening, your guide will transfer you to Hanoi Train Station to catch your overnight train to Lao Cai. Dinner will be provided on board the train.
Day 3: Sapa - Cat Cat Village (B, D)
After an early, 06:30 arrival in Lao Cai, relax on the 1.5-hour transfer to Sapa, where you will check-in to your hotel before breakfast at a local restaurant. Then enjoy some free time to explore the historic town, nested close to the border with China.
Hike to the H’mong minority hill tribe villages of Cat Cat in the afternoon. As you wander the valley below Sapa, you will meet some of the locals on their way to and from the frontier town. Share cultural experiences with the families that live in the area, before heading back to Sapa for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Sapa - Overnight Train Back to Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast, go to the Sapa daily market to see locals going about their everyday life, and then enjoy a 3-4 hour trek along buffalo paths in the hills. The trail will take you to the tribal villages of Lao Chai and Tavan, home to H'mong and Dzay people. This is a spectacular walk through stunning scenery, inhabited by some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.
Stop for lunch along the way at a local restaurant. A car will pick you up from the village for the transfer to Lao Cai for your overnight train back to Hanoi.
Day 5: Hanoi - Halong Bay (B, L, D)
Upon arrival in Hanoi, you will be picked up from the station and taken downtown for breakfast at a local restaurant. Then, depart Hanoi for Halong Bay and board a boat to sail among thousands of limestone islands rising from the waves like dragons’ teeth. Lunch will be served on board.
In the afternoon, visit a typical fishing village and interact with fishermen who have lived in the Bay for almost three generations. Back on board, enjoy cocktails or cooking classes while watching the sunset, and then indulge in a lavish dinner. Afterwards, you can choose to join a movie night, play board games, or relax at the beauty spa.
Day 6: Halong - Hanoi (Brunch)
Start the day with a sunrise Tai Chi exercise session. After breakfast, you will be taken to a beautiful limestone grotto, filled with staggering stalactites and stalagmites. Return to the junk for a final glimpse of Halong Bay as you cruise back to the dock.
Drive back to Hanoi or drive back to Noi Bai international Airport for you taking next flight to the another provinces of Vietnam or Flight back home.
When booking flights for the 6th day, please book the flight for after 17.00.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Accommodation: 1 nights at a 3-star hotel in central Hanoi (twin/double) (May De Ville Old Quater Hotel/ La Dolce Vita hotel), 2 nights sleeper accommodation on the train transfers, 1 night at a hotel in Sapa and 1 night on board the boat at Halong Bay, an early check-in hotel in Hanoi for breakfast and rest after long train from Lao Cai - Sapa
- All transportation
- English or French-speaking guide
- Daily breakfast
- Halong Bay cruise program, with in-house guide on board
- Train tickets: Hanoi-Lao Cai-Hanoi (shared 4-berth cabin)
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B = breakfast; L = lunch; D = dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and drinking water on the coach
- Service charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- 24-hour hotline support
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- International flights and departure taxes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Room keeping for late check out on 2nd day to Sapa
- Travel insurance
- Peak season surcharge, if any
- Compulsory gala dinner for Christmas and New Year (if applicable)
- Vietnam visa (USD 25 and 2 passport photos per person)
- Other services not mentioned above
Pick-up is available for guests staying in hotels in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. If your hotel is far outside of Old Quarter of Hanoi, please meet your tour guide at: Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre, 57B Dinh Tien Hoang Str, Hanoi.
• Please note that lunch and dinner is Your guide will be happy to give recommendations
• On the day of your return train transfer from Sapa, you will be offered accommodation to take a shower and relax (dependent upon availability of hotel room)
Product ID: 35570