Halong Bay Junk Cruise - 2 Day / 1 Night
From $235 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick up point: Your central located Hanoi Hotel
- Short stop at the Sao Do centre run for, and by, handicapped children
- Cruise around the majestic Halong Bay, while enjoying a delicious lunch
- Explore some of the limestone caves dotted around the bay
- Swim and kayak amid stunning karst scenery
- Explore the heaving streets of Hanoi
- Savour delicious food on deck
This short trip is the perfect add-on to any adventure in Vietnam - whisking you from the cosmopolitan streets of Hanoi to World Heritage listed Halong Bay. Jump on board the Jewel of the Bay and sail past thousands of limestone islands rising dramatically out of the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. Enjoy delicious meals cooked on board, dive into the water or discover secret caves in a kayak.
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay
You will be collected from your centrally located Hanoi hotel between 08:00am and 09:00am for the three hour transfer to Halong Bay. Your transport will be a minibus, with other travelers who are joining the boat cruise. En route there will be a short stop at the Sao Do centre run for, and by, handicapped children.
Upon arrival in Halong, you start your cruise around the majestic Halong Bay, while enjoying a delicious lunch. Halong Bay is a breathtaking secluded harbor with 2,000 limestone islands rising from the emerald waters of Bac Bo gulf. It is one of Vietnam's most scenic regions and has been referred to as the eighth Wonder of the World. The area of about 1,500 sq km is dotted with innumerable beaches and grottos, created over thousands of years by waves and wind. After a sumptuous seafood lunch you will have the chance to explore some of the limestone caves dotted around the bay. Then, the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim in the clear water of the bay, soak up the sun on the top deck or try your hand at some kayaking. In the evening the cook will prepare a sumptuous meal as the boat weighs anchor in the heart of the bay.
You may be able to leave your main luggage in Hanoi (check this with your Hotel), so just take a small bag with a change of clothes and essential travel items.
Overnight: Onboard the Junk Boat
Day 2: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Rising to the tranquil beauty of the bay on day 2 we have time for an early morning swim followed by breakfast. This morning we continue to move around the bay to find more secluded areas where we can swim or kayak. The kayaks are lightweight and easy to use, and all participants will be issued with water buoyancy vests. No previous kayaking experience is necessary.
On your return to the main harbor at around midday, you will be transferred by boat to the mainland where your vehicle will be waiting. The journey back to Hanoi takes around three hours. Your Halong Bay Junk Cruise adventure ends on arrival in Hanoi (around 4pm) where you will be dropped off at your centrally located Hanoi hotel.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- 1 night Junk Cruise
- Overnight Boat cruise on Halong Bay
- Kayaking – Halong Bay
- Visit Sao Do Center for handicapped children
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for drivers or guide
• To ensure a real life experience, the group sizes are limited to 12 passengers
• Guaranteed to depart
• Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this trip visits rural areas
Product ID: 5483