Visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu on a full-day tour from Hanoi, and explore the scenic countryside of Thung Nang. Learn about the ancient rulers of the Dinh Dynasty. Then, cruise the waterways of Thung Nang to get up-close views of the villages.
What to Expect
Explore Hoa Lu, capital of Vietnam in the 10th and 11th centuries, on this full-day tour from Hanoi. Located just 70 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of the Vietnamese capital, the historic city is the first stop on this scenic sightseeing tour that also includes the stunning waterways and villages of Thung Nang in the Tam Coc region.
Upon arrival at the remains of Hoa Lu, learn about the kings of the Dinh Dynasty, and admire the 2 temples of the former royal capital, one of them dedicated to Emperor Dinh and the other in memory of Emperor Le.
After lunch at a local restaurant, cruise the waterways of Thung Nang by boat, sailing along small streams past the tiny villages of the Red River. See bountiful paddy fields and the rich fauna of the river reeds. Admire the pristine landscape and serene lakes, with the karst mountains reflected in the water.
End your tour with a visit to the Bich Dong Pagoda Temple, nestled tightly under the rocks of Tam Coc, before driving back to Hanoi for the end of the tour services.
- Pick-up and drop off from Ha Noi
- Transportation by air-conditioned mininbus
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking guide (other languages available on request, but may be subject to a surcharge)
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Tours cancelled before 15:00 on the day prior to departure are subject to a 50% charge of total tour cost. Tours cancelled after 15:00 on the day prior to departure will be charged the full amount
• Tour groups are kept to a maximum of 10 people