Venture to the home of your friendly local host and learn how to make an authentic Vietnamese meal. Select your menu from 5 options and discover how the cuisine takes on a character of its own in households and from street to street.
What to Expect
Venture to the home of your friendly local host and learn how to make an authentic Vietnamese meal. Select your menu from 5 options and discover how the cuisine takes on a character of its own in households, varying from street to street and going beyond what you see in restaurants.
Choose one dish from the list of 5 options like Bun Cha and Nem (Vietnamese barbecue noodle and spring roll). For a customized menu, simply state what you would like to learn, and your host will prepare a customized menu for you. You could also do a dessert class, or if you're a more experienced chef, upgrade to the advanced class to cook 2 extra Vietnamese meals.
Choice of the following meals:
Beef pho, fried pho, and pho cuon (wrap and roll)
Chicken pho, chicken salad, and Vietnamese-style fried chicken
Bun Cha and Nem
Fried meat and sauce, pork spring roll, and spring roll with shrimp or crab
Rice Menu 1: Vietnamese Home Meal
Spicy pork and egg with roasted shrimp, tofu with Vietnamese fish sauce and onion, Vietnamese spinach, sour and sweet salad from young papaya or kolrabi and carrot
Rice Menu 2: Vietnamese Home Meal
Sour and sweet rib, egg with pork, fish soup or crab soup, peanut with salt, and salad with cucumber and tomato
- Hanoian cooking class live tour commentary provided in English
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be 8 or older.
• Maximum group size is 4 people.
• You do not need previous cooking experience.
• The optional dessert class is held in the morning, on the day after the cooking class.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
• Hours of operation are 8.00 am-10.00 am. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.