Discover Vietnam's local culture by trekking through a hill tribe village. Explore more than 50 of Vietnam's ethnic groups and learn about their culture and history.
What to Expect
The evening before day 1, you will be taken to Ha Non station to catch an overnight train to Lao Cai.
Early arrival at Lao Cai station, near the Chinese border. You will be picked up by a local guide and taken on a scenic 1-hour drive up to the hill station of Sapa. Start a 30-minute journey south toward Muong Hoa Valley, a stunning place boasting the largest terrace rice fields in Sapa. If your visit is between May and October, the local harvest period, you will have a chance to see the local farmers in action. This is a great opportunity for spectacular views and photo opportunities.
The walk then takes you from Lao Chai Village of the Black H'mong Minority to Ta Van Village of the Giay Minority, with a stop at the local Catholic church. There you will take in the different traditions, cultures and customs of the 2 neighboring groups.
Return to the hotel where you can freshen up before traveling to Lao Cai station to board the overnight train back to Ha Noi.
Arrive early in the morning at Hanoi train station. You will be picked up from the station and taken back to your hotel in Hanoi.
- Pick-up from any hotel or private house in Hanoi (all districts)
- Drop off at your hotels/private house in Hanoi (all districts)
- New air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- Accommodation (twin share basic)
- Bottled drinking water
- Return train tickets from Hanoi to Lao Cai
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking tour guide
Know Before You Go
• If you cancel before 15:00 on the day before tour departure, you will be charged 50% of tour cost
• If you cancel after 15:00 on the day before tour departure or you are a no-show, you will be charged 100% of tour cost
• There is a maximum of 10 people per group
• The time will be differ between each pick-up point
• Please contact the tour operator to provide your location prior to the tour. You will receive confirmation of the exact pick-up time