Visit the Speicherstadt and HafenCity on this 2-hour tour in Hamburg. Sample delicious coffee, taste a variety of different spices, and visit a traditional oriental carpet dealer.
What to Expect
Explore the historical Speicherstadt (warehouse district) and the modern HafenCity on this walking tour through Hamburg. The Speicherstadt achieved worldwide recognition in the 19th century as a trading center, with spices, coffee, and oriental carpets as some of the most important products.
Taste delicious coffee in a pleasant atmosphere. Sample the spices and try to guess what they are, based on their taste and smell. Visit a traditional oriental carpet store and be enchanted by the various colors and patterns.
See the ideal location for the most common photo in Hamburg and walk past the largest model railway in the world and the Hamburg Dungeon to the historic Kesselhaus (boiler house). Visit the traditional boat harbor and admire the architecture of the Marco Polo Tower.
Take a look at the “best office building in the world” and discover the Cruise Center in HafenCity, where cruise ships come in almost daily. Regular guests include the Queen Mary 2 and the largest yacht in the world – the “Eclipse” owned by the Russian businessman Abramovich. At the end of the tour you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic views of the Elbe River and the harbor.
Gain insider knowledge of the Elbe Philharmonic Hall and hear funny stories from the Speicherstadt.
- Tour of the Speicherstadt and HafenCity
- Tasting of delicious coffee
- Professional tour guide
Know Before You Go
• This isn't a boat ride, it's a walking tour
• A minimum number of 2 participants is required
• In exceptional cases, the carpet dealer may be closed
• The coffee roasting house is open daily, however, sometimes a tasting cannot be offered due to special events taking place
• Please note that the public tour is only available in German (the private tour can be led in other languages on request)