On this extraordinary 5-hour tour you’ll discover exactly why Hamburg is world famous. Among the 60 curious highlights of the Hanseatic city, you’ll see the Speicherstadt district, HafenCity, the harbor, the Reeperbahn, and the red light district.
What to Expect
This tour starts at the largest warehouse complex in the world in the unique Speicherstadt (warehouse district). Walk past the old port police station and Kehr Wieder Spitze to the Spice Museum, the Hamburg Dungeon, the world’s largest model railway, and the coffee roasting plant in Speicherstadt. Visit the Kesselhaus (boiler house) where you can see a model of HafenCity and discover which projects are planned or have already been implemented here.
Your next destination is HafenCity with the historic harbor, the Magellan Terraces, and Santorpark. Passing Magdeburg Harbor, you continue on to the Marco Polo Terraces, the European headquarters of Unilever, and the new cruise ship terminal. Stroll on to the Elbe Philharmonic Hall over to the harbor, and admire Cap San Diego, the lighthouse-ship, and the famous sailing ship Rickmer Rickmers. This breathtaking view over the harbor ends this part of an unforgettable tour.
You’ll then visit the notorious Hamburg red light district with the Reeperbahn. By day you can see what has made this district so famous.
- Tour guide
- 1 local specialty drink and 1 shot
- Visit to the old boiler house in Speicherstadt (except Mondays)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is only available to visitors over the age of 16. The second part of the tour takes place in St. Pauli and on the Reeperbahn.
• You only get an interior visit to the boiler house and the coffee roasting plant in Speicherstadt. You will learn how Speicherstadt and HafenCity have grown together by looking at a model of the districts.
• This tour lasts 5 hours with a small break of about 15 minutes.
• Please wear comfortable shoes.