Head out of Reykjavik to Íshestar Riding Center in the Reykjavík area on a 1.5 to 2-hour horse riding excursion.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Starting times 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Icelandic
- Pass through lava fields and along green hillsides
- Enjoy beautiful surroundings as you ride
- Make use of some of the best riding facilities in Iceland
- Horse riding as per itinerary
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear or a warm outfit during the ride
- English and Scandinavian-speaking guidance
- Transfer (optional)
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnafjörður, Iceland. Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned, or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country.
- Please note there is a weight limit of 110 kg/240 lbs for this tour.
- This tour is ideal for beginners as well as more experienced riders. However if you prefer a more fast-paced tour and are experienced, it is recommended to book the "From Reykjavik: Full-Day Viking Horseback Riding Tour".
- Please remember that pick-up (if option selected) is possible only from hotels or main guesthouses. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pick-up point will be communicated to you by email.
- Cafeteria with light snacks, sandwiches and drinks all freshly made on premises at reasonable prices. Or alternatively you can have lunch, it's served from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM buffet style for only 2000 ISK depending on availability unless you pre-book.