Enjoy a 4-day catch and release bait fishing expedition off the Pacific Coast of Guatemala and discover the “Sailfish Capital of the World.” Fish for mahi-mahi, blue and black marlin, tuna and wahoo in the warm eddies of a fishing superhighway.
What to Expect
Enjoy a superb 4-day fishing trip, with 2 days fishing for sailfish, mahi-mahi, tuna and wahoo off the Pacific Coast of Guatemala, sailing by yacht or small boats, with deluxe accommodation at the Hotel Soleil Pacifico, boasting a barefoot luxury ambiance and colorful Central American décor.
The all-inclusive trip includes transfers, meals, and all the adventure you need in the sport fishing capital of the sailfish, with excellent fishing year round.
Upon arrival, you will be met at La Aurora International Airport for the transfer to Port San José. If your flight is late, you will stay in Guatemala City, and transfer early the next day to the marina of San José. Check in to the Hotel Soleil Pacifico, boasting 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and even al fresco massage treatments conducted under the ocean breeze. All meals and local drinks are included in your package.
Transfer to Marina Pez Vela and board the yacht that will take you on your first fishing adventure. Spend a full-day sport fishing in the warm eddies of the ocean. Thanks to the Equatorial Counter Current, the area is effectively a bill fish superhighway, attracting bill fish and endless bait all year round.
Catch and release sailfish, marlin, all billfish, and other species such as mahi mahi, wahoo, Spanish mackerel, and yellow tuna. Fishing trips last from 07:00 until 16:00, returning in the late afternoon sun to Marina Pez Vela for the transfer to your hotel.
Transfer to Marina Pez Vela and board the yacht for your 2nd full-day of sport fishing. Guatemala holds the record for the most sailfish released in one day, and the calm waters and friendly fishing atmosphere add to the sense of serenity.
Check out of the Hotel Soleil Pacifico in the morning and transfer back to La Aurora International Airport for your onward flight.
- Fishing activities from 07:00-16:00
- Captain and 2 deckhands
- All fishing tackle
- Conventional, natural bait
- On board drinks (water and beer)
- Fresh fruit
- Hot or cold lunch (depending on yacht equipment)
- Accommodation at the Soleil Pacific Hotel (including local taxes, all inclusive meal plan and local drinks)
- Hotel in Guatemala City or Antigua (including local taxes and American breakfast)
What's Not Included
- Tips for driver, captain, crew, and hotel staff
- Fly fishing (USD 75.00 per fisherman, per day). Please request prior to your arrival
- Airport taxes and personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• If you would like to stay in a private deluxe house, please contact vendor by email for rates