Tikal (Tik’al in modern Mayan orthography) is one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the Pre-Columbian Maya civilization. It is located in the archaeological region of the Petén Basin in what is now northern Guatemala.
What to Expect
Upon arrival a representative will be waiting to transfer you to the Tikal National Park. You will have the option to get breakfast on the way.
Tikal (or Tik'al, according to the modern Maya spelling) is the biggest archaeological site, and one of the ancient urban centers of pre-Columbian Maya civilization. It is located in the Peten region in the present territory of Guatemala, part of the Tikal National Park, which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979.
Tikal National Park is located approximately 45 minutes away. You will visit the following locations: Complex Q, The Central Acropolis, South Acropolis, Great Plaza, Temple IV and finally the Lost World Complex. After sightseeing, you'll go to the restaurant in the park to have lunch at approximately 1.30 pm. Lunch includes 1 drink per person.
At 3.30 pm, the tour departs from the park to the airport. If time permits you'll visit the Island of Flores.
At 5.30 pm return to the Mundo Maya Airport, bus station or hotel accommodation.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant meals not included
• Infant rates apply, provided they do not occupy a seat
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair users
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• A moderate big of walking is involved in the middle of the jungle