Visit the remarkable ruins of Wupatki and enjoy stupendous views of the Grand Canyon's East & South Rim. Experience the best of Northern Arizona on one of the most popular Grand Canyon Tours.
What to Expect
This full-day tour from Flagstaff takes you to the remarkable ruins of Wupatki, where the ancient Sinagua civilization once lived before mysteriously vanishing without trace. These ancient desert dwellers were the only ones who witnessed the dramatic eruption of Sunset Crater Volcano a millennium ago.
Learn about the eruption as you visit fields of lava that look like they flowed yesterday. Your expert guide will be happy to answer any questions and help uncover the mysteries of this magical landscape.
Pause for a delicious lunch in the historic dining room of the Cameron Trading Post. Then venture into the Grand Canyon National Park for an afternoon exploring one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World on your own. You will enjoy stupendous views of the East and South Rims, and get some time to do some light hiking should you wish.
You will be picked up and dropped off at your Flagstaff hotel, with first class travel to and from the Canyon. Enjoy the comfort of a reclining captain chair with large windows for excellent views of the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
Your expert guides know the area inside and out and will show you the canyon in a better light, teaching you everything you need to know about the 2 billion years of history that helped carve this immense chasm.
- Lunch at Cameron Trading Post
- All entry fees and permits
Know Before You Go
• Type of Transportation: we travel in small groups of no more than 14 people. We use mini-coaches that have been retrofitted with luxury, reclining seats with arm rests. Our vehicles are arguably the most comfortable way to travel on the ground. This insures that you will have plenty of space and will never feel crowded. A center isle makes it easy for everyone to get in and out of the vehicle.
• What to bring and wear: comfortable shoes are recommended.
• This tour is suitable for all ages and mobility levels.