Learn about the importance of sugar to Mauritius at the Sugar Factory on a tour of the north of the island. Go to Grand Bay and experience the "St. Tropez of Mauritius" at elegant stores. Get a fantastic view of the Gunner's Quoin rock and more.
What to Expect
Start your tour of the north of Mauritius at the Sugar Museum (L'Aventure du Sucre), housed in a converted sugar factory. Take a walk through the museum's highlights to learn about the importance of sugar production in the region's history and lives of its people.
Then, go to Grand Bay to experience the "St. Tropez of Mauritius." Browse the shopping centers and narrow alleys leading to the market to find souvenirs, fashionable textiles and all kinds of goods to take back home. Next, go to the Chapel of Notre Dame Auxiliatrice in Cap Malheureux and get close-up views of the majestic rock of Gunner's Quoin (Coin de Mire), where remnants of a sugar plantation set up by Dutch settlers remains.
Marvel at the magnificent colonial mansion of Château de Labourdonnais, popular for its lush gardens and orchards, and recently restored to reflect the opulence of the region's colonial ancestors.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Transportation to all sights
- Personal guide (English or German-speaking)
- Entry tickets to all sights
Know Before You Go
• Cancellations on the day of the tour and no shows will not be refunded. Cancellations of 1 day before the tour will get a 25% refund. Cancellations of 2 or more days before the tour will get a 100% refund
• If you cancel the tour due to unfavorable weather conditions you will not get a refund. If the operator cancels the tour due to bad weather you will get a full refund. If the tour is cancelled due to bad weather while it is taking place you will get a partial refund
• The supplier reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion