Enjoy significant savings and see more of San Francisco with this combined 72-hour hop-on hop-off bus pass and Alcatraz Island visit. Tour Sausalito,…
Enjoy the beauty of San Francisco by night on this 2-hour panoramic tour. Listen to the commentary of a professional guide as you take in the sights…
See the sights of San Francisco at your own pace from the top deck of a double decker, hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus. Choose a 24, 48, or 72-hour…
Visit one of the world’s most notorious prisons on a guided tour of Alcatraz, and discover San Francisco by bike on your choice of 2 different bike…
Visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison by ferry and discover its history. Experience the thrill of cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge as you take a…
Experience the freedom of seeing the sights of San Francisco by bike. Your self-guided tour begins at Fisherman’s Wharf, and if you like you can ride…
The iconic Golden Gate Bridge connects San Francisco with Marin County to the north, and over two billion cars have driven across the suspension bridge since it's 1937 completion. But how else can you enjoy the bridge? Here are some tips.
Sail around the bay, under the bridge, and around Alcatraz Island. Not only that, but you can also keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, such as dolphins and pelicans!
Why not stop off at San Francisco's famous Alcatraz prison? Spend a day learning about its unusual history and location while you gaze at the city far away.
Get onto the viewing platform at this turn-of-the-20th-century military installation and enjoy the panorama.
Make an afternoon of sitting on the lovely shore, just off the Coastal Trail, and admire the bridge at sunset. Just be aware that the northern part of the beach is for nudists!
Want to take in the full scope of San Francisco's famous red structure? Then get on it! The only thing better than walking across the bridge has got to be crossing it by bike!
Northern California enjoys more temperate weather than its southern counterpart, but it'll still be quite warm. Check the forecast - you don't want your trip to be spoiled by rain!
If you're planning to view the Golden Gate Bridge from Alcatraz Island, please be aware that Alcatraz is a separate attraction and you'll need to buy a ticket for that in itself. Otherwise, all viewing spots are a matter of navigating public transportation!
Most of them take around an hour and a half, although you may need to get there 20-30 minutes before departure time to ensure your place.
- When to visitThe views are available all day, year round! Traffic restrictions may prevent crossing the bridge at certain times.
- What is the price?It's always free to view the bridge, but we suggest looking at a few architecture tours to better comprehend the engineering.
- Will I need a guide?No -- but here's one idea: book a cruise through San Francisco Bay, and you will be able to take some amazing photos from the water.
- How to get thereThere are many public transportation options available, so take a look, as routes vary depending on the starting point.
- Additional tips
- Parking in the area is extremely limited, so take public transportation if you can.
- Make sure you look out for construction alerts (available online or at any tourist information center), in order to avoid scheduled bridge closures.