Window to the Wilderness - a World Heritage Rainforest Tour
From $109 per personBook now
- On our Window to the Wilderness tour you will journey through a World Heritage listed rainforest in Lamington National Park
- Spot a variey of wildlife including koalas, wallabies and kangaroos
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch and a traditional scones and tea snack
- Learn how to use a boomerang
- Canopy treetop walk, over 30 metres above the ground
- Feed wild birds including Crimson Rosellas and beautiful Australian King Parrots
Your Window to the Wilderness tour begins on Queensland’s Gold Coast. Just beyond the beaches awaits Nature’s Paradise, the World Heritage Rainforests of Lamington National Park. Our trek into the Hinterland region follows the original pioneer’s track to the volcanic plateau of Tambourine Mountain. This secluded eucalyptus forests provides a private sanctuary for koalas, wallabies and other wildlife.
At Gallery Walk we will stop for fresh scones, jams, cream, tea and coffee.
It's then time to stretch your legs again for a leisurely bush walk. Discover lush subtropical rainforests with cascading waterfalls, and listen to your expert guide’s stories about the forests unique characteristics and how the Aboriginal people lived there.
Tucked away in the beautiful Sarabah Valley is our private lunch venue Spring Gully. Only a stone’s throw from the Gold Coast, this 400 acre property provides the ideal venue for a delicious BBQ lunch- mouth-watering beefsteaks, chicken, fish or vegetarian accompanied by crisp salads and fresh fruit. The meal also includes soft drinks, juice, beer and wine. Nearby cool waters and rock pools provide the opportunity for a refreshing swim.
The tour continues on into the mountainous regions of Lamington National Park (Australia’s largest preserved natural stand of subtropical rainforest). At O’Reilly’s Plateau, some 3,000 feet above sea level, colorful native birds will flock around you, asking you to feed them. The Treetop Boardwalk, through the rainforest canopy, offers a bird’s eye view of the area.
During your return journey you will be able to see from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and around to the Great Dividing Range. You are also likely to spot kangaroos and wallabies. In the cooler parts of the day they emerge from their bush retreats to feed on the lush grass.
- Tea and coffee with freshly baked scones with cream and jam
- Wine tasting at local winery
- BBQ lunch with choice of beef, chicken, fish or veg with fresh salads and a choice of beer, wine or juice to wash it down
- Bird feeding seeds
- Park entry fees
The Gold coast has over 500 accommodation houses upon booking let us know where you are staying and we will give you a pick up time. Some of the main areas are: Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Southport, Main Beach, Mermaid Beach, Burleigh, Miami, Labrador, Ashmore. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 11262