Panaji: Heritage Walk through Goa's Latin Quarter
- Gain insight on the Portuguese influence on Goa's architecture, music, food and art
- Explore the picturesque homes and winding lanes
- Visit art galleries and see works of local and international artists
- Stop by a Goan musician's house and let him serenade you with songs from a bygone era
Begin your walk at Tobacco Square and trace the arrival of the Portuguese in Goa. Along the way, your knowledgable guide will be happy to share information based on your personal interests. Pass by the small Church of San Thome. Stop into the quaint 31st January Bakery for a quick bite. Take photos against the neighborhood’s colorful backdrop as you make your way to the Chapel of San Sebastian.
Explore interesting buildings around Panjim Inn, Fundacao Orient, and Galerie Gitanjali. Lastly, visit a famous Goan musician and learn about the Portuguese influence on Goan music. Before heading back to the meeting point, you can stop by a studio which makes handcrafted ceramic souvenirs.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entry into heritage homes
- Meeting with a well-renowned Goan musician
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
India Post Panjim Head Post Office, (MG Road, Patto Colony, Panaji, Goa 403001, India). Your tour presenter will be waiting for you at the main entrance of the General Post Office in Panjim. Please arrive ten minutes prior to the start of the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• This tour does not run on Sundays.
• Please do not tip our guides
• Please be respectful of local residents and ask their permission before taking photographs of people and inside homes.
• It is recommended to carry reusable water bottles and avoid the use of disposable plastic bottles.
• It is recommended you carry sunscreen and a hat on sunny days, and an umbrella or raincoat during the monsoon season.