Gettysburg: Historic Battlefield Guided Tour on Horseback
- Explore the grounds of the Gettysburg Battlefield on horseback with an expert Civil War guide
- Learn the intricacies of the greatest Civil War battle
- Experience Gettysburg using an authentic Civil War mode of transportation - a horse!
During the tour, see, feel and experience Gettysburg using an authentic Civil War mode of transportation - a horse - and explore many areas of Gettysburg National Military Park. Ride behind the Virginia Monument (the area where General Robert E. Lee waited for his returning troops after Pickett's Charge). Follow the path to the historic Spangler Farm and enjoy a panoramic view of the Peach Orchard and Little Round Top off in the distance.
Cross the Emmittsburg Road onto the Union side of the battle and view the Trostle Farm - including the cannonball hole in the barn! You'll find that it's only at the end of the tour that you'll fully appreciate the terrain as many unknown details of the Civil War will have just been revealed to you.
- 2-hour guided tour on horseback
- Outrider(s) to accompany you at all times to ensure your safety
- Licensed battlefield guide fee
- Gratuities (appreciated)
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
After turning onto McMillan Woods Drive (you will see a sign saying "McMillan Woods Campground"), continue 50 yards/meters down a dirt road which leads to a parking lot. Park in the lot, look for a sign that says "Horse Trailer Parking" and straight ahead after the sign you will meet the local partner.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Open-toed shoes
• All guests under the age of 18 must wear a helmet
• Participants aged 15 and under must also be accompanied on the tour by a parent or guardian
• This is an outdoor activity so you will be exposed to the day's weather conditions. Please wear weather appropriate clothing as this activity takes place rain or shine
• In the rare event a live guide isn't available, you will be provided with a professionally recorded narration by professional Civil War commentators