From Milan: Monte Bianco and Courmayeur Day Trip
- Enjoy a full-day trip to Courmayeur and Mont Blanc from Milan
- Ride the cable car to the summit at the Helbronner peak
- Take in spectacular views of the Swiss, French and Italian Alps, including Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn
You can ride up the Monte Bianco Skyway cable car to discover spectacular panoramic views of the Valle d’Aosta and the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. On a clear day, you may even see Mattherhorn, considered to be the icon of Switzerland and shared with Italy.
The first stop on the way up is at Mont-Frety Pavillion. Here you can visit the "Botanic Garden Saussurea", one of the highest in Europe which offers a rich variety of incredible, rare and beautiful alpine plants from worldwide mountain areas. You can also enjoy a typical lunch (not included) at the restaurant Bellevue, the local dishes retrace the Aosta Valley tradition with polenta and meat but international cuisine is also available. Whilst up at the pavilion, you visit the Cave Mont Blanc and the experimental high altitude winery.
In the afternoon, you will take the last leg of the skyway to reach Helbronner peak. Here you can enjoy free time at the top to soak up the views, and from its height of 3,466 meters, the terraces of the Helbronner peak offers a 360° view of all the Italian, Swiss and French Alps. After you are full of fresh alpine air and loaded with pictures, you can regroup with your guide and travel back down into the heart of the Courmayeur town center. Once there you can browse the shops at your leisure, enjoy a refreshing drink on a sun-drenched terrace (own expense), or admire the many chocolate-box chalets and boutiques you find.
- Montebianco Skyway cable car tickets
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional tour guide
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with claustrophobia
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users