Gdansk City Highlights: Private Walking Tour
From $200 Per group up to 15Book now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up. Your guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby at the set pick-up time. Please provide your hotel information when booking so that your guide can call your room from the reception, if necessary.
- Wander through the charmingly narrow streets of Gdansk
- Admire beautiful pieces of amber, once considered the power of the Baltic
- Stroll down Long Street, as your guide tells you the city's secrets
- Stop for coffee and cake at a pretty pavement cafe
- Enter the city's Town Hall to see the impressive original Summer Council Room
After getting your bearings in the city, head to Upland Gate, the historical entrance of all the royal visitors to the city, and still the entry point for any official delegation today. Or, pass through the Golden Gate to see how the city grew in richess throughout the ages, while taking in great views over the city.
While walking through the historical center of the city, you'll have a chance to admire the buildings that survived the horrors of war, as well as the newer ones built after the town's severe destruction in 1945.
Then, feel free to enter one of the city's many excellent museums. The choice of museum is up to you; your expert guide will give you advice on which ones are not to be missed, or are best suited to your interests.
Pass by the city's ornate Town Hall, see the gorgeous Artus Court, and admire the symbol of Gdansk: the Neptune Fountain. Then take some time to look around the old town's classic port area, and stop at the picturesque waterfront to see the Old Crane, once the biggest port crane in medieval Europe.
Finally, visit the impressive medieval St. Mary’s Church at the heart of the city, and admire one of the world’s largest medieval brick churches. Throughout the tour, feel free to take a short break to sip a coffee or tea in one of the city's many outdoor cafes or restaurants, and watch the city pass by.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the St. Mary's Church (for groups of up to 10 persons)
- Information and commentary about the city's past and present
- Visit to an amber polishing workshop
- Entrance fees to museums (closed Mondays)
- Artus Court = 3 EUR /person
- Town Hall = 3 EUR /person
- Uphagen House = 3 EUR /person
- Amber Museum = 3 EUR /person
- Tea, coffee, and meals
- Use of toilets (0.50 EUR / person)
- Visit to St. Mary's Church (if the group is bigger than 10 persons)
Any meeting point in the city at the convenience of the group. The meeting point could be at one of the city gates. Usually it is at the Golden Gate, or the Upland Gate which is also a Tourist Information area.
Wear comfortable shoes, and be sure to charge your camera batteries.
Remember to bring along a sweater, just in case the weather gets cool.
Please confirm your starting point or meeting point after booking.
Product ID: 33174