Gdansk Private Walking Tour: Legends and Facts
- Explore the highlights of Gdansk during the tour led by a licensed guide
- Learn the history of Gdansk as well as the traditions and customs of Polish people
- Admire the architecture of the Old Town
- Visit the largest brick church in the world
- Enjoy a private tour only with your family and friends
Continue to Long Market and the Town Hall. Then, pass Neptune Fountain and Arthur's Court (Dwor Artusa) to see the former meeting point of the city’s merchants, now a branch of the Gdańsk History Museum. Go inside the court, where the walls are covered with friezes of mythological and historical characters. Continue to the Green Gate overlooking the Motlawa River.
Then, enter St. Mary's Church, the largest brick church in the world. End your two hours of sightseeing at the imposing Great Armory and admire one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in the city. Listen to detailed descriptions of the architecture and discuss the city's medieval history and contemporary legacy.
Choose the three-hour tour option to explore the other sides of the Old Town and the islands on the Motlawa River. Discover the adorable Spichrzow Island and admire the architecture and yachts in the area. See the Baltic Symphony Hall and its fantastic buildings.
Extend your sightseeing to four hours and enter St. Bridget's Church to see the unique altar made of amber, the most important raw material of the region. Be amazed by the extraordinary embellishments on the roofs and walls, and enjoy included admission.
On the six-hour tour, embark on a full exploration of Old Town and Main Town. Your guide will tell you everything about the city, including interesting facts and fantastic legends. There will be enough time to discover every corner of the city, and to enjoy a special visit of the European Solidarity Center, one of the most modern museums in Europe. Wander through the moving exhibitions and informative installations on the history of Poland and Gdansk.
- Private walking tour in Gdansk led by licensed guide
- Visit St. Mary's Church (free part)
- Pickup from the hotel (only hotels in Gdank Old Town)
- Tour program adapted to the preferences of the group
- Tips about local restaurants, patisserie, pubs
- Tickets to St. Bridget's Church or European Solidarity Centre (depending on option selected)
- Hotel pickup from hotels not in Gdansk Old Town
Prepare for the activity
At Wały Jagiellońskie 2a, 80-887 Gdańsk, Poland. Between the Upland Gate and Amber Museum, in front of the Tourist Information office. Please be aware that the meeting point is not near the train station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that the pickup from your hotel is only possible from the Gdansk Old Town. Guests from outside the Gdansk Old Town are encouraged to arrange transportation when making a reservation.
• Guests who have accommodation, not in the Gdansk Old Town or who have not provided hotel details should meet the guide between the Upland Gate (Brama Wyzynna) and Museum of Amber, Waly Jagiellonskie 2A, 80-887 Gdansk