Get your adrenaline pumping with a shark cage diving and viewing adventure. Enjoy an unforgettable experience and see a great white shark in the wild.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day
- Starting time 6:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Afrikaans
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
- Take a thrilling boat ride to the world-famous "Shark Alley"
- Enjoy wonderful on-board viewing from the upper deck
- Marvel at the raw natural beauty at sea, near the Southern most tip of Africa where two oceans meet and breathtaking creatures make their home
- Hop into the water and get up close to one of the ocean's most powerful creatures
- Pre-trip snacks and beverages
- Safety briefing
- Boat ride and experienced crew
- Cage dive (if option selected)
- All necessary equipment (wetsuits, masks, if option selected)
- Post-trip meal and beverages
- Screening of the trip video footage
- Transportation to and from the meeting point, available for an additional cost
- Towels (the local partner is deeply committed to water conservation efforts and reduce unnecessary laundry. Emergency towels are available)
- Underwater cameras are available (limited) for hire for ZAR 350 and the SD card containing your personal footage can be taken home
- A copy of your trip video can be purchased on USB drive for ZAR 350
- Children under 5 years
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is a large white building located directly opposite the Kleinbaai slipway where the boats launch. The entrance to the office is on ground level, on the right hand side and clearly marked with the local partner's name on a sign. Entrance to the office is on ground level, right hand side and clearly marked from street view as White Shark Diving Co.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- High-heeled shoes
Know before you go
- Sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed. In the unfortunate event that there are no shark sightings during your trip, you will be given a voucher for a complimentary trip.
- Please note, this tour operates seven days a week, dependant on the weather. It is recommended to take part in the tour at the start of your visit to Cape Town to allow for alternative weather days before your departure.
- Please note, trips are subject to daily weather and sea conditions.
- Trip times are confirmed a day in advance, once the final weather and sea forecast has been reviewed, and you will receive an e-mail notification of your time on the day prior to the activity.
- The duration of the activity, from the time of your arrival at our premises to the time of departure, is approximately four hours in total, of which approximately two hours is spent at sea.
- The travel time from Cape Town to Gansbaai is 2.5 hours.