Take a walk up to the highest point in Madeira - the Pico Ruivo peak. Enjoy spectacular views, award winning guides, and a beautiful walk past volcanic rock embellished with lava veins, jagged peaks and incredible flowers!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- English, French, German, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Free accommodation pickup is included within Funchal and if en route to the activity. If your accommodation is outside Funchal, we will advise if pickup time and an additional pickup fee are applicable. Pickup fees furthest away from Funchal can be substantial in cost and time to get to the walk. If you don´t receive a pickup time and location after booking, please e-mail the local supplier directly.
- Take a hike up to the highest point on the Madeira Islands
- Walk past ancient volcanic peaks
- Challenge yourself to reach the 6,107ft (1862m) peak
- Enjoy coffee on your way there and drinks on your way back!
- Hotel pick up and transport
- Certified mountain guide
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Food and drinks
Know before you go
- challenging walk