Fribourg: Taste my Swiss City Self-Guided Food Tour
- Discover Fribourg through the eyes of a local on a self-guided tour
- Enjoy a drink and/or snack at each of the 5 authentic stops
- Follow the instructions given on your tour voucher to discover the carefully chosen spots.
- Explore independently within the opening ours (noted on the voucher)
Then, hop over to Le Point Commun, a new coffee bar with a warm, friendly atmosphere, offering many regional products and specialties. Try a fair trade coffee and a "cuchaule", local bread and specialty of the region. Head over to the Les Trentenaires bar restaurant which is located in a former pharmacy, with some of its vintage parts still on show. This super stylish spot offers countless craft beers from all 4 corners of the globe. Here you can sample some local cheese and a craft beer.
Continue in the direction of the Cathedral. Then, you will find the shop "Les Marchands Merciers" just on your right. Les Marchands Merciers is both an information point for all those who want to know more about Fribourg and a shop specializing in Fribourg products. It's a meeting place like no other. Coffee, wine, beer, literature, furniture; there's always something to please the eyes and the taste buds! Try an apple juice, coffee or syrup.
Next, carry on into the heart of the lower town, the Brasserie de l’Epée offers bold and refined cuisine. It’s the perfect place to get to know the renowned gastronomy of Fribourg. You will try a gourmet dish with a dessert, accompanied by a regional wine and a coffee.
- 1 meal and/or drink in every location
- Fribourg City card, giving free access to public transportation (including the funicular), museums and many sightseeing attractions (cathedral, tourist train, etc.)
Prepare for the activity
This self-guided food tour brings you to 5 stops in walking distance. You choose when you want start, between 9 AM and 12 AM. 1. Fribourg Tourism, Place Jean Tinguely 1, 1700 Fribourg Opening hours: Open every day from 9 AM. 2. Le Point Commum, Place Jean Tinguely 1, 1700 Fribourg Opening hours: Mon - Sat 9 AM - 6 PM 3. Les Trentenaires, Rue de Lausanne 87, 1700 Fribourg Opening hours: Mon - Thu 9 AM to 12 PM // Fri - Sat 9 AM to 2 AM 4. Les Marchands Merciers, Rue des Epouses 1, 1700 Fribourg Opening hours: Mon - Sun 9 AM to 7 PM 5. Brasserie de l’Epée, Planche-Supérieure 39, 1700 Fribourg Opening hours: The offer (meal) is only available between 11.30 AM and 1.30 PMOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The confirmation voucher includes directions, opening hours, and contact information
• Please check the opening hours of all the food stops before you go on the tour