See the Franz Josef Glacier from the air on a scenic 20-minute helicopter flight above ice falls, snowfields, and crevasses. Experience the thrill of a snow landing to see the icy landscape up close and take in incredible views across the glacier.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 20 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The helicopter base in Franz Josef, Main South Road SH6, Franz Josef 7856, New Zealand.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- All flights are subject to favorable weather conditions. It is recommended to book for your first available day in Franz Josef so that you have maximum flexibility to roll on to the next available date
- Your flight date and/or time may be different to the one requested. The local operator will confirm your exact flight time by email after booking
- Children 4 - 14 years and over 15kg must have their own seat
- Infants (under 4 and under 15kg) are required to sit on an adult's knee. Infants that weight 15kg and over on the date of travel will be charged at child rates.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements and you’ll be offered an alternative or full refund
- The road leading north out of Franz Josef is closed until further notice due to flooding