Combine an exhilarating helicopter ride, jaw-dropping scenery, and a hike through spectacular glacier features on the Franz Josef Glacier for an unmissable, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet at Glacier Base Building, 63 Cron Street, Franz Josef. Check-in closes 1 hour before your selected time. Please ensure that you arrive on time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Long pants
- Reusable water bottle
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please check-in 1 hour 15 mins prior to your trip time. Check-in closes 1 hour prior to your selected time.
- All trips are subject to favorable weather conditions. It is recommended to book for your first available day in Franz Josef so that you have maximum flexibility
- The date and time of your trip may be different to the one requested. The local operator will confirm your exact tour details by email after booking
- A reasonable level of fitness and agility is required as the glacier terrain is variable and reasonably challenging
- The helicopter transfers between the valley and the glacier are around 4 minutes each way
- Children must be least 10 years old, weight at least 35 kg, and be at least 137 cm tall to participate in this tour
- For your safety, participation is not permitted for those over the weight of 115 kg or pregnant women
- Please advise of any previous medical conditions or injuries. If you have any doubts, consult your medical practitioner prior to booking