Take on this twin glacier flight and encounter the jaw-dropping Franz Josef and Fox glaciers. Enjoy the thrill of a snow landing and experience two very different glacial formations. See the epic vastness of these steep and remote landscapes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 30 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
The helicopter base in Franz Josef, Main South Road SH6, Franz Josef 7856, New Zealand.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- All flights are subject to favorable weather conditions. It is recommended to book for your first available day in Franz Josef so that you have maximum flexibility to roll on to the next available date
- Your flight date and/or time may be different to the one requested. The local operator will confirm your exact flight time by email after booking
- Children aged 4-14 years and weighing 15 kilograms (33 pounds) or more will have their own seat
- Infants (under 4 years old and weighing under 15 kilograms) are required to sit on an adult's knee. Infants over 15 kilograms will require their own seat
- All passengers are weighed on the date of travel. Infants that weigh 15 kilograms and over on the date of travel will be charged at child rates
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough passengers, and you’ll be offered an alternative or full refund
- The road leading north out of Franz Josef is closed until further notice due to flooding