Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of the Rhine Valley, its vineyards, and picturesque little towns and villages. You'll taste the local wines on site, see the mighty mediaeval castles – and maybe even the "Lorelei", the legendary maiden of the Rhine.
What to Expect
Begin your 1-day discovery of the Rhine Valley by opting to get picked up from your hotel in Frankfurt with a comfortable transfer service, or simply making your own way to the meeting point (depending on the option you book). You will then travel to the Rhine Valley by bus.
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Rhine Valley, with its vineyards and picturesque towns and villages. See the mighty medieval castles – the area has the highest density of such buildings in the world. Marvel at the stunningly beautiful "Lorelei-Felsen," or Siren's Rocks, and enjoy fantastic views over the valley from the Niederwald monument.
In the summer you can ride on the Assmannshausen cable car down into the valley (optional), have lunch in a marvelous restaurant on the banks of the Rhine (included), and then take a wonderful Panorama boat trip to St. Goarshausen, past the famous Loreley.
Try fine wines on location in a small tavern and or just lose yourself in the picturesque little town of Rüdesheim. Please note that the tour will only stop at Rüdesheim if time allows. In the winter you'll get the chance to visit a castle, as the Rhine Steamers won't be sailing.
You'll travel back to Frankfurt by bus when the tour is finished and will be dropped off at the meeting point.
- Boat trip on the Rhine
- Depending on the option you have booked:
- Day Tour without hotel pick-up (Please make your own way to the meeting point)
- Day Tour with hotel pick-up (You will be picked up from your hotel in Frankfurt am Main and taken directly to the meeting point)
- Please choose your desired option upon booking.
- Local wine tasting
- Pick-up and drop-off in Frankfurt
- Multilingual tour guide
What's Not Included
- Return travel to your hotel
- Assmannshausen cable car ride into the valley
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please come to the meeting point:
39 Wiesenhüttenplatz, Frankfurt am Main, 60329.
From here you will board the bus that takes you to the Rhine Valley, where you'll then board the boat.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
Please note that there are different meeting points for each tour option:
• Those booking the option without hotel pick-up should join the tour directly at the meeting point – Wiesenhüttenplatz. This is where everyone will board the bus together.
• Those opting for the hotel pick-up service will be picked up from their hotel in Frankfurt am Main and brought directly to the meeting point.
When the ships don't sail (e.g. during major events, in the winter, or in the event of floods), you will visit a nearby castle.
Please note that the availability of audio guides in all languages cannot be guaranteed.