Kayak among the mangroves of Rookery Bay Preserve and other locations on a 2.5-hour kayak tour of Marco Island. Marvel at the wonderful wildlife and scenery of the Gulf of Mexico as you look out for dolphins, manatees and other sea creatures.
What to Expect
Experience the beautiful nature of Marco Island in the Gulf of Mexico on a half-day kayaking tour, and get up-close-and-personal with dolphins, manatees and sea turtles, as well as myriad birds, such as ospreys and eagles.
No previous kayak experience is necessary, as paddling through the mangrove tunnels is easy but rewarding. Great for singles, couples or the entire family, the exact location of your kayak adventure will depend on conditions, any special requests, and the whims of your guide.
Wherever you launch, chill out and enjoy paradise at its pristine best! Professional guides and naturalists will make the most out of your experience, with tandem kayaks provided as standard (singles are available for odd numbers of guests).
Rookery Bay Preserve is one of Marco Island’s favorite spots, boasting 110,000 acres of mangrove forests, uplands and protective waters. Keep your eyes peeled for the 150 species of birds and endangered animals that thrive in the estuarine environment, surrounding hammocks and scrub land.
Discover why locals call this the “Paradise Coast.”
- Kayak tour
- A wealth of information about the history of the area, as well as its flora and fauna
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
• Please dress for the weather; wear shoes you don't mind getting wet, and bring any sun protection you feel necessary
• Bring a jacket and rain gear if the forecast is for rain
• Hydration is important in the sub-tropics, so bring plenty of bottled water
• Bring bug spray if is warm (just in case)
• Don't forget your camera and binoculars
• No previous kayaking experience is required for this activity