Tuscany Bike Tour From FlorenceProduct ID: 10889
From $106 per personBook now
- Cycle through the beautiful Tuscan countryside on this wine tour by bike from Florence
- Be guided through a vineyard and wine cellar, including an organic winery
- Enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch in the cellar of a noble Renaissance villa, sampling the wines of the wineries you visited
- Pass through vineyards and olive groves
This guided and fully supported bike ride in the Tuscan countryside begins by transporting you out of the busy city center. In just 15 minutes you will be at the doors of the Chianti countryside.
Riding 24-speed bicycles, we will lead you along shaded roadways framed by ancient olive groves and vineyards.
Tuscan hilltops and hillside villa estates are all part of the breathtaking panoramic views you will see as you ride your bike through the heart of Tuscany.
Lunch is a typical Tuscan meal at a 17th-century privately owned villa in the Chianti region, where we will also tour the vineyards and visit the wine cellar.
You will learn the techniques of production, ageing, storing and bottling the wines and olive oil, and tasting is encouraged.
After lunch it's back on the bike for the ride home. Several stops are included for photo opportunities along the way, and possibly a stop for gelato ice cream, time permitting.
A shuttle will get you back to the center of Florence no later than 5 pm.
- Shuttle in and out of Florence
- 21- and 24-speed mountain bike
- Bottle of water
- Tuscan lunch
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars (including an organic farm)
- Professional tour escort
- Minivan support
- Official T-shirt
Meeting point at FLORENCETOWN Office - Via de' Lamberti, 1 - Florence (corner with Via Calzaiuoli, between Signoria Square and the Duomo Square) - please be at meeting point 15 mins in advance (Open in Google Maps)
• This tour is not recommended for wheelchair-users or participants with mobility issues
• The biking is an easy to intermediate level of difficulty. The itinerary is not strenuous but it can be hilly. Minivan support can be offered to aid participants with the uphill sections
Product ID: 10889